2. “It comes down to answering these questions: how do you continue to iterate the platform, how do you continue to augment the team, and how do you build a tapestry of alliances with partners that will accelerate your growth?” Case said.
5. The "Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology" published a study in early 2016 entitled, "The drawing effect: Evidence for reliable and robust memory benefits in free recall." While the title seems a bit long and complex, the study actually demonstrated a very simple idea. Drawing words in picture form helps people make better and stronger memories. The authors of the study created simple tasks where a participant would first draw a simple word, like a common piece of fruit. Later, the authors of the study would ask the participants to recall the words they drew. Other participants in the study were given different tasks like repeating the given word aloud a certain number of times or actually writing the word down. The researchers found that participants who drew doodles of the words they needed to recall fared much better than other participants.
5. 以100亿港元（合12.9亿美元）购入大新金融中心(Dah Sing Financial Centre)的中国光大控股(China Everbright)，只是过去一年里在香港大举购置总部大楼的众多内地企业之一。
6. 3.Flying Bicycles
1. Hope all your New Year dreams come true!
2. Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Sterling K. Brown, “The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story”
3. In early December, authorities announced that market circuit breakers would be introduced become effective from January 1 in an effort to limit the volatility seen during the savage, summer sell-off from June. The circuit breakers would see trading in shares, options and futures halted for 15 minutes if they fell by more than 5 per cent. On their first day of use, that first threshold was breached just after the return from the lunchbreak, prompting a 15-minute halt.
1. 一部富有感染力的、描写一名年轻黑人男同性恋成长故事的影片《月光男孩》(Moonlight)，获得2017年奥斯卡(Oscar)最佳影片奖。不过，该片险些与此奖项擦肩而过，原因是在混乱的颁奖现场，此奖项曾被误颁给了《爱乐之城》(La La Land)。
2. No one in Detroit has forgotten the snowstorm of 1999, when airplanes were mired for hours on the tarmac at Detroit Metropolitan International Airport. Likewise, US Airways encountered its own holiday mishap in 2004-05, when more than 72, 000 bags were lost or damaged.
The dip for the Caixin gauge, which concentrates on smaller and private manufacturers, stands in contrast to a pickup for China’s official manufacturing PMI, which focuses primarily on large, state-owned enterprises. The divergence may indicate that smaller outfits have been hit harder by pollution curbs and other regulatory tightening than their larger, state-run competitors, which also enjoy privileged access to state-run lenders.
Also called self-driving cars, autonomous cars have been making the news recently. Chief among them are Google's self-driving cars. Google's driverless cars have traveled over 480,000 kilometers (300,000 mi) with only two accidents, both of which were caused by humans. But self-driving cars aren't new. In fact, their concepts have arguably been around since the days of Leonardo da Vinci, who invented a spring-powered cart with a programmable steering device.
BETTER CALL SAUL (AMC, Feb. 8) Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould’s “Breaking Bad” spinoff is probably the most anticipated new series of the winter. Starring Bob Odenkirk as the crooked lawyer Saul Goodman, the show is set before the action of “Breaking Bad,” so any appearances by Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul would be cameos at best. But the audience favorite Jonathan Banks reprises his role as the phlegmatic enforcer Mike Ehrmantraut.