5. Not all the judges agreed with the book’s proposed solutions but nobody questioned the force of its argument.
6. Costco CEO Craig Jelinek
1. v. 决定，决心，确定，测定
2. Ahh, the glamorous life of AT&T: best friends with Steve Jobs, exclusive rights to the iPhone (for now) and carrier of choice on the iPad. So why, with everything going for it, did the stock miss a huge rally? In the year ending April 1, Apple soared 109% and the S&P 500 rose 41%. AT&T? Down 2%. The problem is growth, or lack thereof: little in its saturated wireless business and a decline in landlines, which still accounts for 25% of sales. Unless its high-speed Internet business takes off or the iPad drives new wireless growth, the beatings by Wall Street will continue.
4. The year’s most compelling makeup and hair designs have been almost characters themselves (and are certainly more dynamic than some of those who appear on-screen). But while physical features are obvious right away, they can also give shape and nuance to the performances of those who assume them. Sometimes, a big nose creates a window of understanding.
6. As for the fortunes of the gig economy, the UK will be a key country to watch. The government is due to respond to an independent review into whether British law is keeping up with this new trend. Bold policy action — either in favour or against online labour platforms — now seems less likely given the fragility of the government and the time-consuming nature of Brexit.
3. Wang Rongzhen在采访中表示，“我们就是要卖车，如果厂家不提供车型，我们就卖不下去了，也只能退网。”他估计经销商每年亏损300-1000万元。目前，现代汽车在中国有近40家进口经销商，其中30家经销商要求退网赔偿。
4. 单词intended 联想记忆：
6. Explaining the choice, the company cited “societal movements toward gender equality and fluidity, the consumer’s increased comfort with using color as a form of expression, a generation that has less concern about being typecast or judged and an open exchange of digital information that has opened our eyes to different approaches to color usage.”
1. “Brands that are known for going it alone are partnering with unexpected allies,” Gilbert says. “If you dig into Apple’s investment, the special projects team reads like a who’s who list of some of the best talent in the world coming from every sector imaginable.”
2. A disturbing and often bleak analysis of the automated future of work has been named 2015’s business book of the year.
5. The requirements come from one of two newly issued regulations over the taxi and online ride-hailing services by China's transportation authority. The regulations will take effect in October and November respectively.
German Three:Mercedes-Benz begins to sag as new lower-priced Benz’s inevitably erode its once invincible “the best or nothing” status. At BMW, imminent arrival of a new 7-series cements its status as the preferred brand of Scarsdale, Shaker Heights, and Santa Monica. A new A3, starting at $30, 795, should nicely lift Audi’s sales beyond 2014’s 15% climb, and a new Q7 SUV should nicely lift profits.