1. With a growing need for someone to block and tackle Apple’s raiders and (given its tax investigation in Europe) regulators, Mr Cook’s focus on people, strategy and execution — rather than products — finally started to look like an advantage.
2. Bono and The Edge collaborated with Tina Turner on this, the sultriest James Bond song ever. This is a song sung by someone you will be attracted to, damn it, and for whom you would do just about anything. Tina Turner has more erotic confidence in one Golden eye theme than most of us will ever experience in our whole lifetimes. James Bond songs had never been this deliciously sweaty before. It's like pheromones set to music.
5. 4. China will continueefforts to build out C-9 (the top nine universities in China) in the form ofmore than $1 billion new investments in major campuses. Funds will becommitted to attract top faculty, build state-of-the-art facilities, andrecruit the very best students. China will lock into a global war forintelligence, education, and skill.
1. Hello, I'm Severn Suzuki speaking for E.C.O. - The Environmental Children's Organisation. 大家好，我是Severn Suzuki，我代表儿童环境组织来此演讲。
2. The Explore experience in Brazil is available on both iPhone and Android. Simply open Google Maps on your mobile phone and tap "explore food And drinks near you" at the bottom of the screen. Depending on where you are and time of day, Google Maps will share lists of food and drink locations around you, ranging from "best breakfasts" to "waterside dining", says Bryan Cheng, Product Manager, Google Maps.
3. Captain America: Civil War will hit theatres May 6, 2016. Who's side are you on?
4. Despite Sotheby’s branding the two-part auction as “The Bernheimer Collection,” his stock proved a hard sell. Only 22 out of the 42 lots at the Nov. 24 evening sale found buyers, with a top price of 197,000 with fees for the 1732 Nicolas Lancret painting, “Le Menuet” — a frothy “fête champêtre” scene with childlike dancers — that had been purchased for $744,000 at auction in 2005.
5. “Today you have to shop by image,” Mr. Nathan said. “But if you are brave and don’t follow fashion, there are opportunities.”
4. Bolder lawyers will start working with more “sci-fi” programs that claim to predict the outcomes of legal disputes before they have reached court, by analysing similar cases and past rulings, opposition tactics and win/lose statistics, the success rates of certain lawyers before certain judges, and so on.
1. But only 14,000 tourists took advantage of the visa-free stopover, according to the Beijing General Station of Exit and Entry Frontier Inspection, well short of the 20,000 target officials had previously predicted.
5. o 特斯拉的规模越大，运营的复杂性就越强。由于它直接销售给终端顾客，免去了特许经销商的环节，它必须开发一个自己的服务中心网络来进行售后维修保养。另外它独特慷慨的保修条款规定，车主在使用三年后，可以以原价50%的价格将车卖还给特斯拉。这种做法可能会催生一个二手特斯拉的专门渠道。“寻找阿尔法”上的一位博主写道：“等到车主觉得他们的车不像一年前那么诱人和罕见，特斯拉可能会吃进大量有三年车龄的二手车。在我看来，这是个潜在的麻烦。”
6. “…was asked ttell the interviewer a little about herself, and didn’t have anything tsay.”
1. But it's the best pay on offer for a major world leader.
2. n. 土耳其
3. You know the old guy who's been at the company forever and still can't figure out email? If you don't get up to speed on social media in 2014, you'll be that guy. Compared to last year, there are 13 times as many jobs advertised on Indeed.com that mention the use of social media. "We are seeing an increased demand for social savvy candidates across the business -- from human resources to product to customer service, " Amy Crow, Indeed's communication director told Quartz earlier this year. Not only are departments like marketing, sales, and customer service expected to be on Twitter (TWTR) and Facebook, teams as diverse as R&D, logistics, and HR are increasingly using internal networks like Yammer to streamline operations. Social media has grown so critical to the workplace, in fact, that major universities are beginning to offer certificate programs for socially inept corporate types to get up to speed.
9. Meghalaya, India-"Meghalaya won't stay this quiet for long; go before thrill seekers storm the Khasi Hills," advises Lonely Planet. Pictured is Nohkalikai Falls, India's tallest plunge waterfall at 340 meters.